Monday, July 04, 2011

Vegan Cookout Love

I just have to send a shout-out to all my fucking awesome friends and family members who are always so conscientious about veganizing the SHIT out of cookouts. You guys all rock. Seriously.

Cookout #1:

My friends Mo, Duvi, and Natalie Portman...



The menu: Veggie dogs, veggie burgers, chips & salsa, pesto pasta salad, chickpea salad, no-cook corn on the cob, and rice krispy treats, none of which are pictured here 'CAUSE WE DONE ATE THEM.



Cookout #2:

My family...






The menu: Veggie dogs, veggie burgers, pesto pasta salad, chickpea salad, fruit salad, salsa-pizza, rice krispy treats.



And finally...

Cookout #3:

At the KS family household...






The menu: Veggie dogs & veggie burgers (courtesy of the KS's), pesto pasta salad, avocado-corn salad (courtesy of my LLP), caprese salad (courtesy of the Jilly Bean), rice krispy treats, banana-dessert-cake stuff + buckeye bars + oreo chocolate (all courtesy of the KS's), peanut butter cookies (courtesy of my LLP).

I seriously am blessed.

7 comments:

Vegan SJ said...

YUM!!! Ur 1 lucky duck, my family don't know the first thing about catering to me.
Looks soooo good!!

Anonymous said...

Numnumnum. This has seriously made me want BBQ! Vegan SJ - My family is pretty rubbish too my mum actively refuses to 'encourage' my veganism! My boyfriend and his mum make up for it though :)

VeganCouchPotato said...

happy 4th! Love the cookout, it looks amazing. The salsa pizza looks fantastic

Matty said...

Is that a Great Lakes I see? We just got Erie Monster on draft at the local watering hole to blur our vision with. Everything looks fucking awesome!

Suburban Snow White said...

That corn looks so flippin' good. My mouth is watering.

Carrots said...

im not a vegan yet (still consume egg whites occasionally doc orders) , but i enjoy vegan food and try to eat mostly vegan things other than that. looking at your blog has not only made me hungry and eager to try new recipes, but motivated me to get into my blogging more!!

Sheena said...

When I saw this post, I though 'Cookout' said something else entirely... ;P