Thursday, October 15, 2009

Let's Talk About Gas

Let's talk about gas, baby.
Let's talk about you and me.
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be.
Let's talk about gas.
Let's talk about gas!




That, my friends, is my ode to lunches this week.

I've chowed on something bean-related EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

First it was E's chili (recipe to follow). And then it was the mexican pizza I posted yesterday.

Which has left my afternoons full of churning stomach rumbles.

LET'S TALK ABOUT GAS!

Nonetheless, E's chili is a good one (and holy crap simple). And he gave me permission to post it (thanks, E!), so I shall.

The key, and I cannot emphasize this enough, is the rosemary.

It does something magical. So don't make it without. You hear me? I will HUNT YOU DOWN AND BREAK YOUR KNEES if you do.

Just saying.


E'S SPECIAL CHILI



INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 bag veggie crumbles (Boca; Morningstar stupid deveganized theirs, the bastards)

  • 2 sm. cans red kidney beans

  • 2 sm. cans chopped tomatoes with mild chili peppers

  • 1 jalapeno pepper

  • 1/2 medium yellow onion

  • Couple of dashes of crushed rosemary

  • 1 T. olive oil

DIRECTIONS

Chop the jalapeno and onion into tiny dice.

In a large pan or pot, heat your oil on low and add the onion and jalapeno. Cook until onion is translucent.

Add rosemary and cook for about 30 seconds more, until rosemary is fragrant.

Add the remaining ingredients.

Heat to simmer.

Simmer for 20 minutes.

No comments: