Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Muffins Gone Wild


We interrupt this peanut butterly-scheduled program to bring you a delightful recipe for mocha chip muffins, straight from the PPK. I figured you could use a break from all the talk of peanut butter recipes these past few weeks (mostly I'm just covering my back so that you don't end up suing me when you suddenly become 100 lbs. fatter, way more greasy, and start smelling faintly of peanuts).

I whipped up these very non-peanut-buttery muffins when I got home last night, and they were delightfully simple to make. I have yet to actually try one of them, so they *COULD* very well taste like dog food. But I plan to for breakfast. And I can say that the batter was fantastique, and the little nibblins of broken muffins were tasty as well. So I suppose that bodes well for the recipe.

Get this though... I'm taking perfectly harmless pictures of my muffins last night, when, Holy Mary Magdalene, out of the complete blue, this muffin comes running in front of the camera and whips off her top! I'm like, WTF! Apparently she thinks we're working for Muffins Gone Wild or something, and I try to explain to her that those kinds of trashy programs FILM girls topless (not take photographs of them). But she won't take no for an answer, and she's just standing around with no top on, freaking out all of my camera-people, so I ended up taking a few pictures just to appease her.

I've of course blocked out the dirty parts because, well, this ain't no p0rn0 site, folks. But you can still see her in all her glory.

Her mother should be ashamed.



MOCHA CHIP MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour

  • 3/4 c. sugar

  • 1/4 c. baking cocoa

  • 2 t. instant coffee

  • 2 1/2 t. baking powder

  • 1/2 t. salt

  • 1 c. soy milk

  • 1/2 c. canola oil

  • 2 T. soy yogurt

  • 1 t. vanilla extract

  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour through salt).

In a seperate bowl, wisk together wet ingredients (soy milk through yogurt) until emulsified.

Pour wet into dry and combine until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins almost to the top. Bake 18 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

(recipe from the PPK)

No comments: