Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Brains, Lack of Pictures, and Amy's New Vegan Pizza

Ah, poop. I'm so mad at myself. Last week, I made a nice steaming pot of Fatfree Vegan's Stormy Black Bean Soup (I love the name of it--it's what made me wanna cook it!) and I forgot to take food-p0rn pics. *Sigh* I don't know where my brain is of late.

Oh wait! There it goes!


So instead, all I can do is entice you with my sweet sweet words.

The Stormy Black Bean Soup. Smoky and rich as it rubs up luxuriously against the tastebuds. Hearty and spicy with a bit of zip that will strike your tongue like lightning. This was a yummy soup, and I definitely plan on whipping some up again sometime soon, especially since it was so damn simple.

Also last week, I finally tried the new Amy's brand vegan pizza: Rice Crust Spinach Pizza with Soy Cheese.


I've been intrigued and excited about its appearance, but I'd not gotten around to trying it because of the hefty price (it's about $7.50 a pop). But last week, it was on sale, so I couldn't very well pass it up.

Overall, I was impressed by it. For a freezer-pizza, it cooks up really nicely. The crust is crispy and salty and surprisingly flavorful (though perhaps it doesn't surprise me QUITE so much, seeing as I've not met an Amy's brand product that I didn't like--at least not yet). And it's layered with tomato sauce, some sort of spinachy-mixture, and soy cheese. These toppings weren't too shabby either. Plus, it's quick--you pop it into the oven for less than 15 minutes and then under the broiler for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese, and voila--pizza. My only big complaint was that the size of the box is deceiving--the pizza isn't NEARLY as large as you'd expect it to be. Mildy disappointing, of course. But if you're in a pinch and looking for something quick to whip up, this might be worth your while. As long as you can find it on sale. ; )

No comments: