Monday, September 11, 2006

Vosges Black Pearl Chocolate Bar

This weekend, my very adorable friend dorklepork (who is ditching us for L.A. either today or tomorrow--*sniffle*) regaled us with a taste of her very exotic, very expensive Vosges Black Pearl Chocolate Bar after our bellies were heavy and warm from some very good dinners at Johnny Mango.


This bar boasts the following ingredients: ginger, wasabi, and black sesame seeds.

F-ed up, no?

I was a bit unsure that I would like it--it sounds like a very strange combination for a chocolate bar. But lo and behold, the flavors were only hinted at--not overpowering at all--and the bar was a rich and delicate smorgasborg of yum!

I couldn't really taste the ginger (though my friend Mo could), but the wasabi left a little fuzzy tingle at the back of your throat. And the black sesame seeds lent the chocolate bar a bit more upscale, sophisticated Rice Krispies crunch.

It was good stuff.

I don't know that I'd ever indulge in it again given the hefty price tag (anywhere from $6-7 despite it being a normal-sized chocolate bar), but it was definitely a unique experience, and I recommend all you chocophiles try it out sometime... When you're in the mood to splurge, of course.

No comments: