Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lauren's Procrastination Mango Muffins

Verdict: B

Comments: I was procrastinating in an attempt to avoid doing more important things I needed to do (and I had leftover mango from my crepe (mis)adventure, so I baked these muffins, modified from a pumpkin-muffin recipe. I realized I didn't have enough sugar so, being too lazy to go to the grocery store, I just put in as much as I had handy and then sprinkled brown sugar on top. I figured the mango was probably sweeter than pumpkin, so perhaps it'd make up for the sugar. It didn't really, but they still tasted flavorful for the most part. I recommend adding in some actual mango-chunks though.

RECIPE

1 c. white flour
3/4 c. wheat flour
1 c. pureed mango (here's where I'd add in some diced)
1 tbsp baking powder
some salt
1 1/4 c. vegan sugar (this is how much you *should* use--I only used a bit shy of 1 c.)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 c. soy milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 tbsp molasses
brown sugar to sprinkle on top

DIRECTIONS: Mix wet ingredients in one bowl. Mix dry in the other. Dance around and sing to your cats instead of working on stuff you need to have done for tomorrow. Lightly oil a 12-muffin pan. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Toss some brown sugar on top of each to taste. Toss into the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until knife pulls out of muffins cleanly). Sit and stare as they bake.

No comments: